Saturday, July 24, 2010

Homecooked - Steamed Ginger Chicken, Garlic Prawn and Sauteed Mushroom

It have been a long long time I cooked, so I am very excited that I have the time and place to cook this for dinner :)

We just heat up this leftover from our dinner in Garuda. It is tapioca leaves.

This is also another leftover, sambal potato with quail egg and chicken internals :)
Sauteed white button mushroom
Ingredients:
- Oyster sauce
- Sliced button mushroom
Method:
- I put a bit of oil on the pan
- After the pan is hot, I dumped in all the mushroom, making sure that it is spread evenly on the pan
- After a while, the mushroom start to produce a lot of water, I am waiting to boil off the water, but due to the time factor, I decided to just drain the water off and continue to sautee and add oyster sauce in
- Serve
Steam Ginger Chicken. This is the first time I cook this but luckily, it turn out just the way I want it to be haha
Ingredients:
- Sliced ginger and chop a small portion finely
- Sliced boneless chicken thigh (De-skinned)
- Wolfberry and red date
- Sesame oil
- Cornflour
- Oyster sauce
- Soy sauce
- Rice wine

Method:
- Season chicken thigh with soy sauce, oyster sauce and corn flour
- Add in rice wine and mix well
- Heat up sesame oil in pan and pan fry the chicken skin briefly
- Throw the chicken skin and add ginger to it. Fry till fragrant
- Pour the ginger and oil to the pan
- Steam the chicken
- When the chicken is almost done, throw in wolfberry and red dates and continue to steam
- Serve

Garlic prawn. The prawn turns out a bit sticky, I just bought the prawns from supermarket though, so I dunno if it is coz of cornflour or the prawn is not that fresh.
Ingrdients:
- Peeled prawn and deveined
- Cornflour
- Garlic
- Soy sauce
- Sugar
- Pepper

Method:
- Season the prawn with soy saucem sugar and pepper
- Coat the prawn with cornflour
- Fry the prawn and set aside
- Pan fry garlic till it is starting to be brown
- Add prawn in and stir thoroughly
- Serve
Hami melon is in season now, so we also have this fruit to complete our meal :) isn't it beautifully cut :p
To celebrate the joyous occasion of me being able to cook :p, we got Jolly Shandy for our drink.
Cheers to love, happiness and prosperity :D
Related Posts with Thumbnails