Saturday, April 4, 2009

Lunch - Homemade Claypot Chicken Rice

Attempted to cook claypot chicken rice in rice cooker as it seemed easy ...
First, I marinate the chicken overnight (not really necessary I guess, I'm just lazy to do everything together at one go as it will then take a long time hehe) using sesame oil, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar.
The next day, prepare mushroom, chinese sausage, cabbage, dried shrimp, garlic ginger.
Except for cabbage, I stir fry the rest of the ingredients so it is almost cooked (or cooked) :P
Separately, I also prepare chicken stock, using chicken cube.
So when cooking the rice, add water as usual, and put in the stir fried stuff, cabbage, chicken stock into the rice and leave them to cook.

This is the result of it:
Claypot chicken rice. It is tasty and fragrant :) Next time I will improve on the color to make it darker :p

I also prepared fried onion and cut chili with soy sauce to eat with the rice.
Served and ready to eat!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails